Help Maya break free
Help stop cruelty to bears in entertainment in Pakistan
Maya is one of an estimated 90 bears currently being used for entertainment in Pakistan.
Over and over again, she’s forced to ‘dance’ for paying crowds. Orphaned and isolated, Maya has known only torture her entire life.
The animals involved – usually beautiful Asiatic black bears like poor Maya – endure an unnatural life of isolation and are often sick, malnourished and uncared for.
Thanks to generous supporters like you and together with our local partner, the Bioresource Research Centre (BRC) we will do everything we can to save them.
You can help to:
- strengthen animal welfare laws and enforcement in Pakistan
- increase public awareness of the cruelty of using bears in entertainment
- have bears surrendered by their owners
- develop alternative livelihoods for previous bear owners to help wipe out the practice
- and provide a high welfare sanctuary for the bears we rescue.
Please donate today and help save Maya and other animals around the world like her from suffering.