Help protect the forgotten victims
Your kindness could give animals lifesaving emergency vet care
Unfortunately, animals are often the forgotten victims of disasters. Together, we can change that.
We’ve helped over 7.5 million pets and farm animals in 270 disaster responses in over 80 different countries. Here a just a few of our interventions from the past 55 years:
- More than 200,000 animals helped through our flood interventions in 8 different countries;
- We’ve responded to 19 droughts, helping over 500,000 animals;
- 6 million animals helped by our interventions after hurricanes, cyclones and typhoons;
- More than 314,000 animals helped during volcanic eruptions in 15 different countries;
- Over 350,000 animals helped in extreme cold disasters since 2013;
- In 2017, we helped over 100,000 animals affected by wildfires in La Pampa, Argentina.
Sadly, in disasters, many people are forced to abandon their animals – which they often rely upon for livelihoods and protection as well as being much-loved family pets.
Following a disaster, we know animals will often be left injured, stressed, and separated from their owners.
Right now, animals urgently need vet care, food, clean water and shelter before they succumb to injuries, disease, and starvation. Without your help, they will perish – lonely, traumatised, and scared.
Please donate today and help give animals in disasters a life worth living.
*Any funds raised beyond what is required for our work protecting animals in disasters, will be used to support our other areas of work in animal protection.
(Header image credit: World Animal Protection / Noelly Castro)
$30 could help buy emergency feed to keep more than 30 animals healthy
$60 could help provide life-saving veterinary medicines for more than 200 animals
$120 could help provide emergency vitamin shots to at least 200 animals in the wake of a natural disaster
Where your money goes
World Animal Protection has been protecting animals for over 50 years and we passionately believe that animals matter. With your support, we’ll go where animal suffering is most far reaching and animal cruelty is most severe.
In 2017, 87% of funds raised went towards protecting animals in our four areas of work. We strive to ensure your vital donations make the largest impact for animals and help achieve lasting change.
* These figures are in local currency and taken from the New Zealand 2017 audited accounts.
- Programs = 87%
- Fundraising = 11%
- Admin = 2%